Tuesday, October 18, 2011

"To Facebook, or Not to Facebook"

Facebook varies a lot person to person, from people who use it for just communicating to people who are constantly on it as it becomes a necessity to those people. When i was a freshman Facebook was a necessity but as i progressed in years it has become less and less important to me. My first impressions of Facebook was "this could hands down be the best invention known to man kind" however my new impression is this is not that great and thus becomes more distant to me. It surprises me to see that 7.5 million kids under the age of 12 are using Facebook. Personally I do not see what a 12 year old would be doing on facebook. I do not think its safe for a 18 year old to be putting up personal stuff on their facebook, let alone a 12 year old. At such a young age people do not see the danger in the internet, they do not believe that they will be the one getting "creeped" on by older people. As I get brighter and older i begin to see all the dangers in online communication, and do believe kids so young should be monitored by their parents on what they put on Facebook and other social networks such as Twitter and Myspace.

No comments:

Post a Comment