Wednesday, October 19, 2011

In Search Of

a)I learned that filter bubbles on google and other search engines filter your search to what they think you want to see. Google is trying to make are lives easier by showing us most popular searches it thinks we will need, but what if its wrong?
b)This makes me think differently because its not what everyone is seeing. So the information you are getting is completely different then the information someone else is getting.
c)If the internet can predict what we want to see, do we have people who monitor what websites we are on for how long?
d)The only way i can see us improving our filter bubble is to be more specific on what we want to see.

 When I re-did the Shakespeare search I made it more specific. I searched "Shakespeares life compared to De Vere" since that was what i was most interested in. Instead of just searching "Shakespeare"

No comments:

Post a Comment